I love trees blossoming and birds chirping in the spring just as much as the next person but one of my favorite things that come along once the weather starts to warm is YARD SALES!! Just about everyone and their mom in our neighborhood was having a yard sale today. Was it a planned community event, or perhaps just the joy of May 1st? At any rate, I had a little heads up and persuaded Mr. Urbanite to join in what I anticipated to be a momentous yard sale-ing Saturday. And that is was - this was the haul that we brought home:
3-tier hanging basket, new in box: $8, electronic scale with body fat calculator: $5, Catchprhase: $2, pot: $1. Wood putty, glaze, texture paste, brush cleaner, and red paint - free!
I probably spent a lot less time and a lot more money with the Mr. along, but it made for a good morning together and we're happy with all our purchases. The paint stuff was actually free from a woman just wanting them to find a good home. The 3-tiered hanging basket turned out to be a LOT taller than we expected once out of the box and fully assembled - it's almost as tall as me! There was a LOT of other fun stuff out there but I already blew all of the cash I limited myself to :)
All in all, a fabulous start to the month!
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment